A Celebration of Books, Reading, and Urban Dance
Baltimore Dance Crews Project and Reading Partners created this event out of their same desire to help youth reach their full potential, BDCP through dance and Reading Partners through reading skills.
The event is two programs in one. The first half is a reading hour and the second half is a dance workshop.
The program is free but monetary and elementary-level book donations are highly encouraged.
If you would just like to help, volunteers are needed ASAP. If you are interested, contact BDCP in the information below.
Patterson Park Public Charter School
27 N. Lakewood Ave
Gymnasium entrance on Baltimore Street
9:30 Sign In Opens
9:50 Welcome by Reading Partners
10:00 Reading Hour
FREE EVENT. DONATIONS APPRECIATED
Donation of an elementary school level bookorFREE EVENT / Pay What You Can
$3 suggested for K-12 students
$5 suggested for adults
More always welcome
Proceeds support BDCP End of the Year Community Show
Reading Hour Volunteers
Dance Hour Volunteers
- Support students by reading aloud and asking questions
- Book is appropriate for K-4 grade levels
- Three stations will be conducted after the reading to help students explore themes and comprehension
- Station 1 – help students act out a scene from the story
- Station 2 – help students write an alternative ending to the story
- Station 3 – help students draw a scene from the story to show understanding
- Each station is 10 minutes long (yes quick). Students rotate to all three. Total of 30 minutes
- Help with transitions between activities
- Help station leaders with prepping and resetting stations
- Serve as reading buddies if needed
- Pair up with students to help through dance activities
A free dance workshop and a chance for you to spark a child’s imagination!
Baltimore Dance Crews Project
Reading Partners – Baltimore
Stories That Move You Event Information
Also don’t forget to check out our website to see what is going on in Baltimore.
Subscribe to our newsletter for more.